Advanced Document Numbering
Advanced Document Numbering (ADN) gives Business Central users more control over their posting rules for Sales, Purchasing, and Transfer Documents.
By enabling ADN, your organization can configure document numbers from transactions to include the year, original order/invoice number, or to force the unposted document and posted document numbering to stay in sync.
- Use Cases
- Download Links
- Video - Product Demo
- Product Screenshots
- Client wants the year to be affixed to Sales or Purchasing Transactions for easy searchability.
- Client wants the Quote or Order number on a Purchasing or Sales Document to Flow through to the Invoice.
- Client wants the Unposted Invoice Number to flow to the posted invoice table to stay in sync.
- This is a major requirement for clients using bi-directional integrations
- By default, Business Central will change the unposted document number to a different number when posting
- To avoid this and keep these two numbers in sync, download ADN.