Advanced Assembly BOMs
Advanced Assembly BOMs (AAB) gives user the ability to create assembly orders without needing full blown production inside of Business Central. By using Advanced Assembly BOMs, you now have the ability to quickly assemble (and disassemble) items in Business Central at a set interval or on the fly.
- Use Cases
- Download Links
- Video - Product Demo
- Product Screenshots
- Ability to have different Assembly BOMs based on the Variant of the Parent Item.
- Ability to have Start and End Date for Components on the Assembly BOM.
- Ability to default the Location that the Component is going to be pulled from on the Assembly Order.
- Ability to “disassemble” Components on the BOM (put back into inventory rather than consume from Inventory).
- All the features work for doing Manual Assembly BOMs, as well as on the Planning Worksheet.
- Planning Worksheet shows Planning BOM for Assembly.
- Ability to Add Phantom BOMs – The ability to create BOMs that are sub-assemblies that will never themselves exist in inventory but will allow the components on the sub-assembly to be consumed on parent assembly orders.
- Avoids the need to identify sub-assemblies within an assembly and having to “Explode BOM” for BOMs you will never stock.
Advanced Assembly BOMs - Setup and Overview
Advanced Assembly BOMs Setup
Advanced Assembly BOM Walkthrough - The Basics
Advanced Assembly BOM Walkthrough - Phantom BOMs
Advanced Assembly BOM Walkthrough - Disassembly and Put Backs